MCC Sale

For those from around the area or who identify themselves as Mennonite, you probably are familiar with the MCC Sale. For those who do not know what it is, allow me to explain.

MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) puts on an annual relief sale to aid various causes through MCC. The Kansas sale is located at the fairgrounds in Hutchinson. Over a two-day period, a multitude of people visit and work at the sale to buy and sell food and handmade goods, watch live performances and participate in engaging activities.

I’ve attended the sale before and worked at it as well, but I hadn’t done either in a few years. This year, I was determined to go and indulge in the delicious food and fun activities. I ran into several people I hadn’t seen in a long time too, which was one of my favorite parts of the experience.

Mennonite or non-Mennonite, I would highly recommend attending the MCC Sale next year (it’s usually in mid- to late April). You’re bound to find some yummy food or run across some exotic jewelry that you like. Plus, the best part is that all the proceeds go to a great cause!