Stress Busters: Part 2

As promised, here are some more ways to reduce stress! This time, however, I asked my own mod mates what they do to reduce stress.

I compiled some of their answers below:

Writing/Journaling – Writing and reflecting helps to relax and to put things in a new perspective or help them see things that they hadn’t thought before.

Playing Piano – This can also translate into doing something that you enjoy. Whether it is playing an instrument, playing a sport, reading a book, or anything else that is enjoyable to you that can help you relax!

Cuddle – Sometimes all you need to de-stress are some hugs!

Go running – As mentioned in my previous blog, one of the girls said that they run to help get rid of stress. Again, running has been shown to reduce stress by the endorphins that it releases.

Confide in friends/support systems – This is a tip that one of my mod mates mentioned but also one that is an important way that I de-stress as well. Being able to talk to friends or family about what is stressing me out can help me sometimes in ways that writing or journaling does. Sometimes when I am talking it through I can either see things from a new perspective, or think about something I hadn’t before.

Listening to Music – I also mentioned this in my other stress buster blog but it just reinforces that it is a good way to relieve stress! Listening to music/positive music was mentioned by a couple of my mod mates.

Brain breaks– This tip from one of the girls is also another important way that I relieve stress. Taking a break to go have some social time and visit with friends, or catch up on an episode of a favorite show are all ways to get the mind off of studying for a little while so that we can come back and refocus and be productive!

Good luck to everyone on the rest of their school years! Whether it be taking finals, giving finals and grades, or anyone else in stressful situations, I hope these “stress busters” can help get you through!