Top 5 reasons to get excited for Lady Thresher basketball!

This past Monday was the first day of basketball practice. This means our first game will be here before you know it (November 1) and if that’s not reason enough to be excited, here are several others.

Members of the women's basketball team compete in a tire flipping contest.

Members of the women’s basketball team compete in a tractor tire flipping contest. Photo by Coach Gunderson.

1. We’ve been conditioning for over a month, so we’re feeling bigger, faster and stronger! If you doubt that, check out the picture of us flipping tractor tires.

2. This year’s team has a new motto: “All In” and we plan to stick to it until the end of the season. We value each other and know we’ll have to all work together to win in our conference.

3. We’ve been working harder than ever, with a new strength and conditioning coach, Brett Gunderson and a new assistant coach, Eddie Henderson, we’ve been pushed to improve everyday.

4. Our team this year includes several talented freshmen and a few transfers that are great additions. We also have 9 returners from last season, that will provide experience.

5. Not only have we been focusing on conditioning, but we’ve also been growing as a team. Fridays during preseason conditioning were our “competition days” and one time we got to play flag football. We are learning to work together on and off the court and getting to know each other.

Playing flag football during conditioning.

Playing flag football on “competition Friday” during preseason conditioning. Photo by Coach Gunderson.

These are just the top 5 reasons, but there are many more that get me pumped for the upcoming season. As a senior guard, this is my last year playing collegiate basketball and I plan on making it the most memorable and successful one yet.

I love this team and I look forward to finishing my basketball career playing with them and you should be thrilled to watch us come November!