BC: Senior Edition

Me with my roommate/friend from freshman year. We're finally seniors!

Me (left) with my roommate/friend, Jennifer (right) from freshman year. We’re finally seniors!

I can’t believe it is so, but alas this is my fourth and final year at Bethel College! The years have flown by, I know we hear that all the time, but until now I didn’t realize just how fast my time here has gone.

I’ll give you a brief recap of my past 3 years at BC. I’ve been a member of the women’s basketball team and am currently in my fourth season. I’ve also been a writer for the Collegian (our student-run newspaper), transitioned to a sports editor, now I serve as the advertising manager. I’ve also expanded the clubs I’m involved in from FCA, to Femcore, Multicultural Student Union, and Photography club, and the Collegian.

I’ve been extremely impressed at the progress BC has made in the amount of diversity on campus, the cafeteria has improved so much you wouldn’t believe it, and the aesthetic appeal of this campus has been phenomenal.

Not only have I been involved in a multitude of organizations, but I’ve made an enormous amount of new friends. Joining those groups and being in classes with a variety of other people has provided some great experiences and lasting friendships.

I wouldn’t trade my time at Bethel for anything, I’ve grown as a person spiritually, intellectually, and physically (thanks to basketball). It’s been a great experience so far and I doubt my senior year will disappoint.

I look forward to this final year and the new adventures that it has in store for me!

~Samantha