Freshman Days

Hi! My name is Megan Leary, and I’m one of the 140-some freshmen on campus. I’m from North Newton and grew up about a half mile from campus, so Bethel has always been on my radar. I started looking for colleges early in high school and considered going far away from home, but then I realized that every time I looked at another college I compared it to Bethel and never found anything that offered all that Bethel offered. It’s such a small campus that you can be involved in so many things. I play oboe in Wind Ensemble, write for the Collegian, work at the bookstore, and go to Druber’s, the local donut shop, at every opportunity.

When I’m not busy with that stuff I’m studying to be a math major. That’s right, I’m a nerd. I had one of the best math teachers possible for all four years of high school and she played a big part in my decision to be a math major, but it was also because I just love math.

In all my free time, I like to read, listen to music, play Ultimate Frisbee (one of the most popular sports here), and hang out with my friends. I also love to travel. My picture with this post is of me with a crepe in France while I was on a trip to Spain and France with my Spanish class. I’ve also been to Paraguay, Brazil, Germany, and England. I’m hoping to do a year abroad sometime during college.

I’m looking forward to sharing experiences from my freshman year!