Spring Fling!

Hey all. Bethel has been in a spring fling kind of mood lately, in fact last week was dedicated to the celebration of spring, as denoted by it being called Spring Fling here on campus. We had several activities going on, such as a talent show, various outside sports events, and finally our annual Bubbert’s film awards. Overall the nice weather is keeping the campus pretty active, even though April has been filled once again with some weird sudden coldness. Oh well, at least it hasn’t snowed yet in April, as in the last couple of years. In hindsight i probably just jinxed us all. Sorry. Anyways, the talent show was on Sunday, and was the first one that’s happened in the two years that I’ve been here. I guess there used to be more activities like that before I came, but last year and the beginning of this year have been pretty barren. Either way, the new activities lately seem to be a good sign of the changes for the better that have been going on around here. The show had five or six entries, all musically inclined. My group actually won by playing/singing a song called “Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me” by The Pipettes. Three girls sang and we had a guitarist, bassist, and drummer. I was kinda surprised/happy that we won. At the end of the week we had the Bubbert’s film awards. I entered last year and my friends and I got second, but I was too busy to actually put anything together this year. Still, the entries were pretty good and I enjoyed going. I feel like we should have more of these events to bring the students together as a community, and hopefully we will as the options have been becoming more available lately. I need to get to other homework, so this is all for tonight. Keep on keepin’ on.