I Remember January 2005…

With all of this talk about an “ICE STORM” (buh buh buhhhh) I think it is appropriate to reminisce about good ole January 2005.It was a day that will live in …. my memory. I had just moved on campus for the duration of the interterm and spring semester. I didn’t really know of the girls living on my hall.My parents and I began moving things into my room in Voth Hall and all day it had been cold and drizzling. The next day everything was absolutely covered in ice.We had no power. We had no hot water. We skated to meals in the cafeteria. Once we made it to the cafeteria we had to eat by candle light and we tried to brighten up the place by putting napkins in the candles to make the flame bigger. My poor car was trapped. I was trapped. But good times were had. It wasn’t too terribly cold in our lounge and we played games like Cranium. Over in Moundridge, my parents had lost power, luckily my mom is adamantly against electric stoves so they had gas stove so they could cook. And we happen to live in a house in Moundridge that had one of the first propane furnaces, no electricity required! As we get ready to bunker down for “ICE STORM: DECEMBER 2007” the only problem I see is how I am supposed to get to finals on Tuesday (I live in Moundridge once again), but I’m not too worried. Odds are good that I will stay home tomorrow and stay warm and safe. Everyone be careful out there!