Top 5 Best Places on Bethel’s Campus

It’s inevitable — we’ve got ourselves one beautiful campus. Whether it’s the great outdoors, the modern architecture or the historic landmarks that occupy Bethel’s grounds that make you fall in love with the place, I’ve got a few of my own favorites that I’d like to share.

1. The Sand Creek Nature Trail 

Of course, the diverse and refreshing beauty of nature around Bethel is probably what inspires me most about campus. Sand Creek Trail offers a nicely mulched walking/running path with countless types of trees and plants along the way (not to mention the critters that scurry about close to sunrise and sunset!). The creek that the trail is named after enhances the aesthetic of the area and the rushing sound after a big rain is one of the best sounds in the world. I run this trail usually several times a week for cross-country practice, yet it never gets old.

Trail-300x225

Need a study break or a breath of fresh air? Go check out the trail! 🙂

2. The third floor of Mantz Library

Yes, all of the third floor is really cool. But have you ever been way back in the corners where people don’t usually go, even further than the study rooms and NY Times room? Above the MLA, there are comfy couches and chairs tucked away in a cozy reading corner complete with lamps that give off a warming glow that’s perfect for studying, relaxing and the occasional between-class library nap.

IMG_1163 IMG_1162

3. The chapel

I’m not sure if it’s the stained glass windows, the rustic history or the beautiful organ that makes the chapel such an inviting place, but whatever the case, it’s definitely a spot that everyone should visit. There’s something about seeing the sunlight shine on the Wednesday morning chapel speaker’s face that seems to give me a feeling of newness and light. The chapel is somewhere I know I can go in the middle of my busy week and feel refreshed by God’s presence.

IMG_1164IMG_1165

4. Thresher National Disc Golf Course

I am somewhat of a noob at disc golf, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t love getting out on Bethel’s very on disc golf course for some exercise and fresh air. My boyfriend Eric introduced me to the sport last January and I haven’t been able to get enough of it since! We’ve got 9 holes on campus currently, and 9 more tee locations will be added soon. While walking around from hole to hole, you really get a broad view of Bethel’s campus and the beauty it has to offer.

IMG_1166 IMG_1169

5. The Green

download

Our blog is so aptly named after this wonderful location! 🙂 The Green is a place you can do a variety of activities. Play Ultimate Frisbee, study for a test and, if you’re feeling like it, you could even throw up a hammock on a nice evening and relax. The Green is the central hub of Bethel’s campus, and it offers a picturesque quality that is second to none.

Kiley