My Last August at Bethel

Hello to the Bethel community,

My name is Eric Preheim and I am now a senior at Bethel. Reflecting on who I was and where I was, four years at Bethel has changed much about my life.

I am by no means ready to hit cruise control and coast to the finish. At the same time, I feel the need to “experience” college and participate in every single activity less and less. My energies have been realigned to focus on my final (sigh) soccer season, finishing up my academic year strong and connecting with and supporting the many people at Bethel I have come to admire, appreciate and continue to learn from.

When I am not at practice, in the classroom or studying I can usually be found at Applebees eating half-priced apps with my girlfriend, Kiley, or enjoying the music of the on-campus bluegrass band, The Flannelbacks.

In true Bethel fashion, this year has already provided me with new opportunities in my career path of interest, marketing, and put me in contact with new people that I can already call friends (I live with 5 new transfers and the soccer team has doubled in size).

It is only August but another great year seems to be on the horizon. I look forward to sharing more good news and the occasional struggle of living as a senior at Bethel College.

Until next time,

Eric