The Break Before the Break

This Thanksgiving break has been different than all my other years at Bethel. Instead of getting Wednesday through the weekend off, we got a whole week off starting last Saturday. At first I was a little bit skeptical about the break because I would have rather had our normal Thanksgiving Break and add the rest of those days on to Christmas break to make it longer. However, being able to have this longer break has been really nice! I’ve been able to put a lot of time into projects I need to get done that I might not have had without the extension of break while also being able to spend plenty of time with my family. 

At the beginning of break I took a day or two to just relax, then I worked hard on a take home test, being able to spend big chunks of time on it to get it done. Then I was able to take a few days off for the actual holiday. I was able to spend time with family and extended family for Thanksgiving, eat DELICIOUS food, talk about things we are thankful for, watch basketball and football, set up our Christmas tree, make Christmas goodies etc. Now, I have time to take another day to focus on homework to get the rest of it done so I can relax the last couple days of break.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you were able to remember everything you are thankful for and spend this holiday with people you are thankful for!