Fall at Bethel

BC service day 102313 009

Leah and Danny

Life has become crazy on Bethel Campus! Where to start… First, I went to Camp Mennoscah for service day. This was a great trip! I went with a very diverse group: Leah Towle, who had never been to Camp Mennoscah before, Jared Regehr and Megan Siebert, my fellow staffers from this summer, and a few other great individuals with varying degrees of familiarity with Camp Mennoscah. We left Bethel at 8am and (mostly) stayed awake for the ride out. When we got to Camp Mennoscah we started working in the Bluestem house.

BC service day 102313 017

The whole crew!

We scraped floors, swept floors, mopped floors, dusted furniture, cleaned bathrooms, took out recycling, and much much more. The day also included an awesome lunch and some time to check out the Ninnescah River.

Another series of events happening in my life are the many activities of the Bethel College Concert Choir. We sang at Faith Mennonite, BCMC, and Tabor Mennonite Church within the past few months. Just yesterday we sang at the President’s Club dinner. This semester has been my first experience of being in the Bethel College Concert Choir. I feel very blessed to have this opportunity to sing with all of the amazing people in the choir!

choir dress

This past week we also celebrated Halloween. The weekend before was the Halloween dance, which was quite fun! But, this past Thursday it was our turn to make Halloween fun for someone else! Bethel hosted trick-or-treat-off-the-streets. We had many young children come to our door for some goodies. We saw a wide range of costumes, from an out-house, to a sock monkey, to twin Cleopatra’s. Here is one of the Cleopatra’s with his three daughters and me. As you can see, I did not dress up as anything special. However, Katelyn Melgren did my hair in a “Princess Leia” fashion so I could almost claim I was from Star Wars.

The last project that has been keeping me busy is organizing the Bethel Blood Drive. As a co-leader of SCAN, my specific project is to run the blood drive that Bethel hosts once a semester. So, for the past two weeks, I have been sitting outside of the caf, asking people to donate blood. So far, Bethel has shown up! The blood drive is this Tuesday, November, 5th, so it is quickly approaching.

trick or treat off te s