Don’t get the bug!

As a student who just recently came down with an Influenza/Pneumonia bug, let me tell you, it was horrible, and miserable. So in this particular blog, allow me to share some helpful hints to you, remind you of some that you may have forgotten over the winter months, and hopefully, you’ll stear clear of coming down sick. Pretty soon we will be gearing up for finals, and you don’t want to be fighting off a sickness, cramming all kinds of information into your head, and taking tests all at the same time.

1. Remember to wash your hands often. Granted, this will make your hands more rough and dry, which although, is much better than being sick. However, as a remedy for those dry hands, they have invented a wonderful thing called Body Butter. This will help keep dry skin on those hands you are washing twenty times a day more moisturized.

2. Eat healthy, especially foods rich in Vitamin C, Zinc, and Iron. This will help keep your immune system up, and more ready and able to fight that bug before it fights you.

3. Getting adequate sleep. I know this is especially hard during finals time, when you are staying up later and cramming your brain full of knowledge you swear you will never need.

4. Keeping hydrated. Drinking lots of water will help flush any toxins.

5. Try thinking positive thoughts….surprisingly this helps a lot. Negative energy will bring you down, everyone knows that. If you think sad thoughts, you become sad right? So think healthy thoughts, like “I will feel my upmost best today” (kinda cheesy I know, but hey, if it keeps the flu away, its worth the shot right?!) Cancer patients often times visualize themselves well. Even though you may not be suffering from cancer, why not apply the same thinking power to just a regular sickness that you are trying to stear clear of?

I wish all Bethel Students a healthy pre-final time! Stay well! And if you do get sick, recognize the symptoms and cut yourself some slack. And if it gets really bad….see the doctor instead of spreading your sickness to other students!