The Days Go Slow, The Weeks Go Fast…

Well here we are again, summer is over, classes have started, and the first week has already come and gone! Last week some of my friends and I had been talking about the saying of how: “the days go slow but the weeks go fast.” Now that we are already into our second week of classes I can attest to how true this feels to me.

I was a blogger for Bethel last year as well, but for those readers who are new to the Bethel Blog I will introduce myself again. My name is Madelyn Weaver, I am from Hesston, KS, a mere seven miles away from the Bethel campus. I am a Junior majoring in Social Work with a minor in Management. I am involved in many activities on campus including: Tennis, Concert Choir, Women’s Chorus, Student Senate, SAA (Student Alumni Association) , SCAN (Student Community Action Network) and the Student Social Work Organization.

Being involved in all of these different activities including the obvious responsibility of classes, you could say I have been keeping pretty busy, thus the feeling of the weeks moving so rapidly. It has not been all work and no play however, because I live in a wonderful mod with some wonderful girls who love taking breaks together from all the reading and homework we have:).

Tennis2

Left: Me; Right: Miranda

One thing that will be new for me this year is being at Bethel without my sister, Miranda. Miranda is two years older than I, she also attended Bethel College and graduated with a degree in Social Work. It was so special to be able to attend school with her, to be a part of the tennis team together and to sing in the choir together, I was truly blessed to have her as a huge part of my Bethel career the past two years! Although she is no longer a part of my Bethel experience, she and her husband now live in Newton, KS and she will continue to come and support the tennis team and choir by cheering and attending concerts.

On a lighter note, the start of this school year has already been so great, I am looking forward to the rest of the year and all the great memories that will be made in every aspect of my Bethel experience!

Well that’s all for now, I welcome all new students, faculty and blog-readers!

Until next time,

Madelyn Weaver