South Dakota

Monday- March 19

Today, I’m sitting on the bus as we ride to our next destination. I can’t help but think of the previous 24 hours. South Dakota – My home state, singing in my home town, Freeman, and even singing in a Chapel service at Freeman Academy, my old high school. Traveling with the Concert Choir to “my old stomping ground” has been such a huge blessing, not only for me but also for a community that appreciates good music, and our choir abounds with good music. We arrived at Salem Mennonite Church in rural Freeman with plenty of time to practice and eat a delicious home cooked meal before the concert. When the concert began, I couldn’t help but smile. This community, Freeman, is my home and there I was, singing with my follow Bethel College choir members, my second community. This concert was my first time experiencing these communities coming together – one community to listen and support me, the other to stand with me and make music. It was beautiful and throughout the concert I was constantly reminded of how great it is to be a part of Bethel, a part of the Concert Choir, and a part of Freeman. I am so grateful to the powers that be that arranged us coming to Freeman, to Salem Mennonite Church for hosting us, for Freeman Academy for having us at their chapel service, and for the rest of the choir which made the last 24 hours something truly special for me, and allowed me to create memories I know I will cherish for a long time.

-Aaron Tschetter