Congress has better things to do

As I discussed in one of my previous posts, I don’t think Congress should be wasting its time carrying out an extensive investigation into whether or not individual baseball players (namely Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte) took steroids and/or HGH. If you’re not familiar with the issue, just flip on your TV and watch Clemens testifying before a Congressional committee right now. Now, I had almost come to terms with the steroid thing as it seemed to be nearing its end on Capitol Hill. But now, Sen. Arlen Specter has launched an investigation into determining whether or not Bill Belichick and the Patriots videotaped the New York Jets’ signals during a game in September. The NFL fined Bellichick $500,000, the Patriots $250,000 AND took away their first-round draft selection. However, because the NFL has since destroyed the tapes in question, Specter is launching a Congressional crusade much like that of the steroid scandal to investigate the situation.I just don’t get it. And people wonder why Americans are becoming more disillusioned with our Government? The US Congress has far better things to do with its time and with taxpayers’ money. Is this just their way at getting back at all of those jocks who picked on them for being nerdy in Jr. High? I joke……but seriously.